Hiking Tour Crossing Gerakonas Mountain to Chora
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Large Group
DISCOVER THE GEOLOGICAL TREASURES AND NATURE OF ANDROS!
Meet your guide in the morning and get to Aladinou village, where yur hike starts. This day tour offers the unique opportunity to combine the visit to ‘Foros” Cave and to the historical Panachrados Monastery with a very interesting yet challenging hike, due to its steep uphill.
Our experience starts with a short walk to reach the entrance of the cave. Put on your helmets, switch on the flashlights and let the tour guide lead you in! The cave is an impressive spectacle composed of stalactites, stalagmites, and helictites, hanging rocks, colorful limestone and gourformations. After the visit, we start our hike, ascending the mountain with first destination Fallika Village. Savor the beautiful surroundings, and at the top, admire the magnificent view to the town.
The hiking tour continues on the old cobbled path, crossing the abandoned village of Petria and through oak trees and beautiful agricultural scenery we reach the picturesque village “Vrachnou’. From now on we can see the green valley of Livadia and Andros Town. Your guide leads you to the center of the town where our hiking day tour ends.
- A guided hiking tour with a local naturalist leader
- English, French, Italian-speaking tour leader
- Snacks and water
- Safety & First Aid equipment
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pic nic (optional)
Chora – Fresco Juice & Salad Bar at 09.00
Not included for the specific tour.
- The hikes offer a moderate hike with a maximum of 4-5 hours walk. This tour requires a reasonable physical and mental health on behalf of all participants!
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- Necessary: long trousers, appropriate shoes and socks, hat and sunscreen.
- Insurance: Participants should be covered by their own personal travel-health insurance prior to the trip. The personal insurance must at least cover medical expenses as well as air rescue and the cost of repatriation. Trekking Andros & Outdoor Activities and Explore Andros are not responsible for any accidents or mishaps directly or indirectly related to the tour. (See Terms & Conditions)
- Please check-in 15 minutes before the tour departs. Why not come earlier and enjoy a Fresh juice at our Fresco Bar (incl. WiFi and WC)
- Children over 9 years old can book when accompanied by an adult.
ANDROS ROUTE HIKING NETWORK: