Hiking Tour from Apoikia to Chora
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Large Group
SARIZA SPRING, PYTHARA SMALL WATEFALLS, GIALIA BEACH !
Experience the unique nature of the island as you hike through verdant landscapes and plentiful water springs.
The hiking tour starts from Apoikia Village. Our first stop will be the impressive Pythara small waterfalls which falls down into a crystal clear pool. We’ll follow a stepped path, across lush landscapes of oaks, olive and walnut trees, along the river. While walking across the riverbed, you will have the chance to discover the unique nature of the island, visit old castle-houses, stone bridges, watermills, traditional olive presses, impressive old mansions, evidence of the maritime tradition of the island. Our final destination is the unspoilt beach of Gialia where we’ll stop for a picnic and a swim. We’ll end our walk back at the Chora.
This Half Day Hiking Tour is one of the best ways to get familiar with the rich naval tradition and history of the island, while you walk through picturesque settlements of Cycladic minimalism and neoclassical nobility.
- A guided hiking tour with a local naturalist leader
- English, French, Italian-speaking tour leader
- Snacks and water
- Safety & First Aid equipment
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pic Nic (optional)
Chora – Fresco Juice & Salad Bar at 08.30
Yes (to the starting point)
- The hikes offer a moderate hike with a maximum of 4-5 hours walk. This tour requires a reasonable physical and mental health on behalf of all participants!
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- Necessary: long trousers, appropriate shoes and socks, hat and sunscreen.
- Insurance: Participants should be covered by their own personal travel-health insurance prior to the trip. The personal insurance must at least cover medical expenses as well as air rescue and the cost of repatriation. Trekking Andros & Outdoor Activities and Explore Andros are not responsible for any accidents or mishaps directly or indirectly related to the tour. (See Terms & Conditions)
- Please check-in 15 minutes before the tour departs. Why not come earlier and enjoy a Fresh juice at our Fresco Bar (incl. WiFi and WC)
- Children over 9 years old can book when accompanied by an adult
ANDROS ROUTE HIKING NETWORK:
- Wetland at Giala Beach
- The “Fabrica , Ebeirikos watermill
- The stone bridge “Leontos” (Lion’s)
- The Bistis-Mouvelas Tower
- The Agadaki’s Tower (Apatouria)
- Pythara Waterfall
- Sariza Spring
- The villages Stenies, Apikia