Hiking Tour from Gavrio to Batsi
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Large Group
DISCOVER THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEST COAST LINE
Explore the west coastline of Andros with a local expert guide and discover its impressive historical monument, the Tower of St. Peter, the picturesque villages, the farmhouses, and the varied landscape while you experience the amazing view to the Aegean Sea.
Our half day hiking tour starts from the fertile valley of Gavrio. Following a “narrow” path along the stream, we cross olive trees, farm cottages and watermills to make our first stop in the picturesque village of St. Peter with the beautiful fountain. A short detour leads us to the cylindrical Hellenistic period (4th-3rd century BC) Tower of St. Peter, one of the best preserved in the Cyclades. With wonderful view to the homonymous beach, Gavrionisia and the Archipelagos, we follow for some meters a dirt road to reach one of the largest castle monasteries of the island “Agia”.
The monastery church is Byzantine style with a wooden temple and painting decoration back to the post-Byzantine period. After a light picnic at the Monastery’s yard we continue our route via a narrow path and through wooded parts to arrive in Batsi and end our hiking tour.
- A guided hiking tour with a local naturalist leader.
- English, French, Italian-speaking tour leader.
- Snacks and water.
- Safety & First Aid equipment.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pic nic (optional)
Gavrio at 08.45
Yes (from the ending point to the meeting point)
- The hikes offer a moderate hike with a maximum of 4-5 hours walk. This tour requires a reasonable physical and mental health on behalf of all participants!
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- Necessary: long trousers, appropriate shoes and socks, hat and sunscreen.
- Insurance: Participants should be covered by their own personal travel-health insurance prior to the trip. The personal insurance must at least cover medical expenses as well as air rescue and the cost of repatriation. Trekking Andros & Outdoor Activities and Explore Andros are not responsible for any accidents or mishaps directly or indirectly related to the tour. (See Terms & Conditions)
- Children over 9 years old can book when accompanied by an adult.
ANDROS ROUTE HIKING NETWORK:
- St. Peter’s Village
- St. Peter’s Tower
- Castle Monastery “Agia”
- Amazing view