Hiking Tour from the Mountain to the Sea
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Large Group
LEARN ALL ABOUT THE UNIQUE FLORA, FAUNA, GEOLOGY AND HISTORY FROM OUR PROFESSIONAL GUIDES.
Our hiking tour route starts from the mountainous village of Arni (alt.470 m) with important history back to the 14th century. The “arvanitika” language remains in use in the region today although it is spoken by few. The path runs through fertile ravines, old abandoned farmhouses, crosses the slopes of “Arni”, meets forests of oak trees, planes, chestnut and walnut trees, as we descend to Remata.
The location of the village Remata is one of the greenest on the island with rich vegetation, running water from the river of Arni. In the green stream old farmhouses, stoned grape mills, threshing floors are hiding, but even stalactites and stalagmites over the river bed. The scenery changes and gets wild with dense low vegetation, as we descend the path towards the beautiful unspoiled beach of Lefka crossing the river surrounded by reeds. Time to rest, swim and have a light picnic. We continue our hike towards the north coastline, walking on an impressive strange rocky terrain “embroidered¨ by the saltiness and the north wind to end at Ateni Beach with a fresh swim and rest at the beach!
- A guided hiking tour with a local naturalist leader
- English, French, Italian-speaking tour leader
- Snacks and water
- Safety & First Aid equipment
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pic Nic (optional)
Batsi at 08.30
Yes, (to/from starting/ending point)
- The hikes offer a moderate hike with a maximum of 4-5 hours walk. This tour requires a reasonable physical and mental health on behalf of all participants!
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- Necessary: long trousers, appropriate shoes and socks, hat and sunscreen.
- Insurance: Participants should be covered by their own personal travel-health insurance prior to the trip. The personal insurance must at least cover medical expenses as well as air rescue and the cost of repatriation. Trekking Andros & Outdoor Activities and Explore Andros are not responsible for any accidents or mishaps directly or indirectly related to the tour. (See Terms & Conditions)
- Children over 9 years old can book when accompanied by an adult.
ANDROS ROUTE HIKING NETWORK:
- Forest of holy oak trees
- The river Arni and the springs
- Extremely varied scenery
- Renovated Olive Press
- Coastal hiking
- Lefka Beach
- Ateni Beach