Hiking Tour through mountain ranges and verdant ravines
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Large Group
HIKE THROUGH OLD PAVED TRAILS AND VERDANT LANDSCAPES
Meet your guide in the morning and get to the verdant and mountainous village of “Arni”. On this half day hiking tour we explore the mainland of the island through fertile ravines and streams, old abandoned farm houses, small forests of oaks, planes, chestnut and walnut trees.
The village is built on a smooth slope at an altitude of 500 meters. The area is one of the most forested on the island. The park of Kanavas is a natural beauty area with rich vegetation and running waters.
“Arvanites” settled in the area of Arne in the 14th century after the invitation of the Venetian conquerors. The old dialect remains in use in the region even today, though, it is spoken by few.
The trail crosses three consecutive hills in absolute beauty scenery and descends towards “Katakoilos” where the river passes through the scattered settlement. After a short rest and a light picnic at the shady square of the village, the route continues to Batsi. With beautiful view to the sea and to Batsi bay, a well preserved narrow trail with the typical dry stone walls, leads us to the town.
- A guided hiking tour with a local naturalist leader.
- English, French, Italian-speaking tour leader.
- Snacks and water.
- Safety & First Aid equipment.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pic nic (optional)
Gavrio at 08.45
Batsi at 09.00
From the Ending to the Starting Point
- The hikes offer a moderate hike with a maximum of 4-5 hours walk. This tour requires a reasonable physical and mental health on behalf of all participants!
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- Necessary: long trousers, appropriate shoes and socks, hat and sunscreen.
- Insurance: Participants should be covered by their own personal travel-health insurance prior to the trip. The personal insurance must at least cover medical expenses as well as air rescue and the cost of repatriation. Trekking Andros & Outdoor Activities and Explore Andros are not responsible for any accidents or mishaps directly or indirectly related to the tour.
(See Terms & Conditions)
- Children over 9 years old can book when accompanied by an adult
ANDROS ROUTE HIKING NETWORK:
- Arni Village
- Magnificent landscapes
- Lush vegetation and water abundance
- Katakoilos Village
- Views to Batsi bay and the sea
- Rich biodiversity