Hiking Tour to Panachrados Monastery
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Large Group
HIKE THROUGH THE OLD VENETIAN TRAILS
Meet your guide in the morning in Chora at Fresco Bar and get to the abundant ravines of Menites,where a small detour takes us to the springs.
This magnificent hiking trip starts from the green village and via an excellent trail under the shade of plane trees leads us to the settlement of Messaria, the old Byzantine center of the island. With our destination being the Panachrantou Monastery (alt.500m), a living historical and architectural monument (wooden carved temple 18th c, library etc), we follow the paved path, crossing the legendary arched bridge of Stichiomeni (The Haunted). After a challenging uphill for some minutes we arrive at the abandoned village of Petrias, a monument of Andros folk architecture. Upon our arrival to the monastery the hospitable monks guide us around. After a short rest and a picnic at the monastery’s yard, we will start our way back to Chora.
This time heading to Livadia and through the “Potamos” stream we reach Andros Town to end our hiking tour.
- A guided hiking tour with a local naturalist leader
- English, French, Italian-speaking tour leader
- Snacks and water
- Safety & First Aid equipment
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pic Nic (optional)
Add Itinerary Description
Chora – Fresco Juice & Salad Bar at 09.15
- The hikes offer a moderate hike with a maximum of 4-5 hours walk. This tour requires a reasonable physical and mental health on behalf of all participants!
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- Necessary: long trousers, appropriate shoes and socks, hat and sunscreen.
- Insurance: Participants should be covered by their own personal travel-health insurance prior to the trip. The personal insurance must at least cover medical expenses as well as air rescue and the cost of repatriation. Trekking Andros & Outdoor Activities and Explore Andros are not responsible for any accidents or mishaps directly or indirectly related to the tour. (See Terms & Conditions)
- Please check-in 15 minutes before the tour departs. Why not come earlier and enjoy a Fresh juice at our Fresco Bar (incl. WiFi and WC)
- Children over 9 years old can book when accompanied by an adult
ANDROS ROUTE HIKING NETWORK:
- Springs in Menites
- The medieval stone bridge “Sticheomeni”
- The Panachrados Monastery
- The ruins of the abandoned stone settlement of Petria
- The Megalos Potamos, river
- Magnificent views