Hiking Tour to the naval tradition
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Large Group
EXPERIENCE THE MOST OF YOUR HOLIDAY
This Half Day Hiking Tour is one of the best ways to get familiar with the rich naval tradition and history of the island, while you walk through picturesque settlements of Cycladic minimalism and neoclassical nobility. Experience the unique nature of the island as you hike through verdant landscapes and plentiful water springs.
This hiking route starts from Chora, following the coast of Neiborio and continues via the narrow uphill path to Gialia Beach, where the river forms a unique natural environment. The route crosses the riverbed and after a while the path leads up to “Fabrica” Ebeirikos Watermill, an interesting derelict factory, which gave life to the area before the Second World War, producing pasta using a large watermill, and later a mechanized steam mill. The footpath follows the river, crosses the Leontos bridge and after a few challenging uphill steps we arrive at the impressive Bistis-Mouvelas Tower, dated from the 17thcentury, in Stenies Village.
Our hike follows a stepped path, across lush landscapes of oaks, olive and walnut trees, along the river, to reach Apikia Village and the famous Sariza Spring. We continue hiking, this time to Pythara waterfalls, where we stop for a while to rest and relax with the sound of the water. On our way back, we descend via a different excellent cobbled path and we enjoy the magnificent view to the capital city, the Venetian Castle and the Lighthouse “Tourlitis’.
- A guided hiking tour with a local naturalist leader
- English, French, Italian-speaking tour leader
- Snacks and water
- Safety & First Aid equipment
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pic nic (optional)
Chora Fresco Juice & Salad Bar
Not included for the specific tour.
- The hikes offer a moderate hike with a maximum of 4-5 hours walk. This tour requires a reasonable physical and mental health on behalf of all participants!
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- Necessary: long trousers, appropriate shoes and socks, hat and sunscreen.
- Insurance: Participants should be covered by their own personal travel-health insurance prior to the trip. The personal insurance must at least cover medical expenses as well as air rescue and the cost of repatriation. Trekking Andros & Outdoor Activities and Explore Andros are not responsible for any accidents or mishaps directly or indirectly related to the tour. (See Terms & Conditions)
- Please check-in 15 minutes before the tour departs. Why not come earlier and enjoy a Fresh juice at our Fresco Bar (incl. WiFi and WC)
- Children over 9 years old can book when accompanied by an adult.
ANDROS ROUTE HIKING NETWORK:
- Wetland at Giala Beach
- The “Fabrica, Ebeirikos watermill
- The stone bridge “Leontos” (Lion’s)
- The Bistis-Mouvelas Tower
- The Agadaki’s Tower (Apatouria)
- Pythara Waterfall
- Sariza Spring
- The villages Stenies, Apikia